Saturday, July 18, 2009

Just like Dylan


Medusa, by Böcklin


Similar to a medusa I've been crowned by serpents
Yet I refuse to give way to demons like yourselves.
Pearls that cast a spell, they're angry but amused
I try to remember who is this she gave birth to.
Who shall be brave enough to give me a sword and a car?
So I will flee as soon as possible and nothing will be heard of me.


Bunch of hypocrites, an army of stinky caterpillars hiding.
You are always proud of your hidden faces - just for the record.
They say I must be patient... how long shall I wait? Like a cow
like a home lady, like an orphan child expecting future, like a fat sad cook?
Are you taking me for a peaceful nun, a dying dirty river, an old newsstand owner?
I'm on fire, a I'm a fire stone, I'm a star, a supernova. Tell a burning object to be patient.


Rain has come to embrace the earth and protect all animals inside love tents.
But I'm outside smoking dressed as burning medusa with a cold heart taken by revelation.
And my eyes are caught by the rainy butterflies which gather and spark
They're useless and I must listen to your mediocre and pathetic prayers.
That would turn me on, yes, castles made of mourning and chunks of human leftovers.


I finally end up on the walls of the city along with the urban cats
the feline silence fills my pride with looks of saints and eyebrows of Salomes.
I wish your eyes didn't notice me and your bat ears didn't hear my heartbeat,
I'm taking my leave, I'm carrying my instrument, I'm a cat on the edge of the road.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It felt so bad that you had misunderstood the whole deal...

However, I have to confess that I had a ball when you got all jumpy and jivey when I used the word "viada". Nothing meant by it, hon.As they say in the Isles, “Oh shirty! Just havin’ a giraffe, mate!”

Anyways...

Now, the whole psychopath tang was completely out of line... I'd rather be called a "viado"...

Chill and Peace, sweetie

Anonymous said...

ahh... eu escrevi em inglês porque o texto me inspirou... me leva a crer que você seja fluente, rabu.

beijinho

Lucia said...

Em inglês ficou ainda melhor, digna do próprio dylan.

Anonymous said...

Glad you posted my comments... is that a way of saying you decided to smoke the peace pipe? If that's so, please grant me the pleasure of reading that other blog of yours... that one is definitely a keeper... don't keep me away, will you?

Truly yours,

Ivan
41 8414-8986 (no editing needed, I got nothing to hide nor fear)